Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A quick update.

A few people have asked about my job search, so here's where it's at:
  • I have not heard anything from the Big Caffeine Company that I had a phone interview with two weeks ago. I'm taking that as a "thanks but no thanks".
  • My big in-person interview on Monday went well ... I think. It seemed like a great fit for my experience and definitely culture-wise, but I can never tell anymore if an interview went well or not. I'm supposed to hear from them this week if I'll be called back for a second interview.
  • I had a phone interview yesterday for a position that I didn't feel qualified for, with a company that I'm not sure I want to work with. I felt better after the interview, though, and thought it might be a possibile fit. I heard today - no thanks. The recruiter who interviewed me was very impressed with me and wants to keep me on file, but that really didn't make me feel too much better.
  • There are four other positions I'm waiting to hear on, but I'm not expecting anything from them.

Apparently, there's not much to report. So why did I write this post? Hmmm. Good question.

I'm trying to keep my hopes up about the job I interviewed for on Monday. I REALLY want that job. But if they say "no" - well, I'm gonna start applying for hourly jobs at Safeway or something. My ego is taking a BIG beating lately.

5 comments:

Paul said...

Can you think of ANYTHING worse that hunting for a job?

CondoBlogger said...

Hang in there... the Jet City is a big town. Somethin will come up! Something you will LOVE!

Spider said...

Don't take it personal Matt... although it is so hard not to - just keep going with the interviews - even the ones where you don't really feel qualified, sometimes they work out - make sure you follow up with thank you phone calls and notes telling them to contact you if they need more info - and the right job will come and drop right into your lap.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Kevin said...

Double fingers crossed down here in Orlando! Something'll pop up!

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about being a music/math teacher? It could be an interesting combo.