Thursday, January 25, 2007

Score one for the Speaker ...

I know, I promised in my comments on the last post that I would stay away from religion and politics, but please please please just one more, because it is SO good ...

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and an exchange with President Bush regarding his unfailing confidence in his "new" plan for Iraq and his cast of 21,500 soldiers, from Americablog:


"PELOSI: He's tried this two times — it's failed twice. I asked him at the White House, 'Mr. President, why do you think this time it's going to work?'

BUSH: Because I told them it had to.

PELOSI: Why didn't you tell them that the other two times?"


Absolute gold. I haven't found anywhere yet what (if any) response The Decider gave, but this comes from quite a reputable source. I know there are a wide variety of opinions on Pelosi, but I love her.


And tomorrow, I'll go back to posting about puppies and rainbows and unicorns and non-controversial things.


Maybe.

7 comments:

Spider said...

Puppies AND rainbows... GEE - it IS Warm Fuzzy Friday!

CondoBlogger said...

Nancy Pelosi reminds me of a female Perry White, the editor of the Daily Planet in the Superman comics. I can picture her with a cigar, and a glass of scotch, feet up on her desk shouting into the intercom, "Get Hastert on the line! I need to find out where he hid the spare gavel... and tell George he can bite me! Got that!? Now send in Dr. Dean!"

Paul said...

I almost fell out of my chair, laughing uncontrollably!

It reminds me of that dreaded parental response, "Because I said so."

john said...

Hi Matt, it's okay, we all break our promises once in awhile!

A Lewis said...

And what fun would unicorns be over the GWB + Pelosi match up? Nothing wrong with a little poke and jab here and there...all in good fun. And, besides, we've been getting poked and jabbed for numerous years from the other side. We're off on our cruise tonight....see today's post. Talk with you when we return.

Matt said...

Condoblogger, I LOVE that!!!!!!!

TWISI said...

As of today he is no longer the decider, evidently Barbara slapped him and told him he is now the "decision maker."

He can't even decide what country he is going to bomb next, much less how to win a war.