Saturday, January 06, 2007

Needing some good thoughts.

My brother is in the hospital. He may have had a heart attack, but there is no definitive word yet. He had pressure in his chest and just generally didn't feel good, so he went to the emergency room this morning. He's on quite a few medications, so his blood pressure is coming down some and his latest EKG is in the "normal" range, but they're monitoring his heart rate and enzyme levels. His heart rate was pretty low but his blood pressure was high when he went in. He's due to have stress-testing done in the morning and then they'll know more.

He's only 40 - a year and twelve days older than me - and I hope this is not as serious as it might possibly be. I talked to him for almost an hour this afternoon, and he sounds okay - tired and a little scared, but was making jokes and sounded like his good ol' self for the most part. My oldest brother is planning on going to the hospital this afternoon to spend some time with him. I suddenly wish I didn't live so far away. I'd be in that room with him 24/7.

If there's such a thing as good karma and positive energy in the universe, he certainly deserves all of it. If you believe in that too, please send it on. Please.

Thanks. Many, many thanks.

5 comments:

KipEsquire said...

Hope it turns out to be something minor and fleeting.

Considered yourselves "karma-ed."

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of positive energy and love your way.

A Lewis said...

Damn it, Matt, I hate to hear things like that. Especially as SUCH A YOUNG (40) age....hope Sunday brings even more health and healing. Lots of good thoughts, prayers, karmas, energies, and the like to you all. Keep us informed.

john said...

You got it. All my thoughts and prayers are with your brother now.

Scott in Iowa said...

Good luck to your brother. I hope everything works out ok. My thoughts are with you both.