Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What is this, Chicago?!?

(Another post in the series "Weather I Have Known")


There's no global warming, right?

Manhattan-sized chinks of ice breaking off the polar ice cap ... unbelievably (and rare) blizzards and ice storms throughout the Plains and New England ... temperatures in the low 70's on the eastern seaboard ... there's been some kinda climate change going on, that's for sure.

Seattle hasn't been above freezing for 5 days. There's been snow on the ground since last Wednesday. We got ANOTHER inch of snow last night. It's finally starting to melt some, but it will freeze again tonight (there's another wonderful commute for everyone!!!!). Here's an amazing video taken by some people in Portland, Oregon this morning (I hope the link works). Everything was just solid ice. Lewis, I hope you weren't a part of this!

So here's the view from the front of our house this morning ...


And from the back (those big green fluffy plants by the duplexes are bamboo!) ...

... and the view out front about noon, when it was snowing AGAIN ...

Nope, nothing weird going on here. Just because when it does snow in Seattle it usually disappears within a day or two at the most, that doesn't make this odd. Nope, not at all.

5 comments:

CondoBlogger said...

That video is UNBELIEVEABLE! How do you explain THAT to your insurance company? "Well, I slid on some ice and hit 14 cars, a wall, 2 people and suffered 3rd degree crotch burns from the coffee I had in my lap."

Was that trip REALLY necessary?

john said...

Hello!! Is something wrong with blogroll? Today on my blogroll it shows that everyone is updated. Yesterday and the last few days it hasn't show anyone updated which is why I'm behind on some blogs. Grrrr!!

A Lewis said...

Nope, not me! Just in the last hour, it's starting to melt ever so slightly. I'm so mad at that damn Al Gore....propagating such a farse as global warming. Who would have ever thought! Looks like Minneapolis out there.

Scott in Iowa said...

I love videos of people trying to drive on ice! ...am I wierd?

Matt said...

Yes, Scott.

;)