Friday, January 05, 2007

My strongest suit ...

So I got up this morning, ironed my snazzy interview clothes, pushed the dogs outside (yeah, they were REALLY happy about that) and headed downtown for my meeting with the recruiter.

I took a slew of skills-evaluation tests - and did pretty well, thank you very much. Embarrassingly enough, what I considered my strongest points were not my strongest results. But, nothing devastating ... more laughable than annoying. I really blew them away with my data-entry skills. :)

Apparently there are a LOT of jobs out there that I am a strong candidate for. Right now, I'm actually looking at temporary and temp-to-hire positions; I want to make sure that I fit the company and the company fits me before either side makes a commitment to the other. I'm actually kinda excited about this. I can make better money than at my last job, get benefits, get regular feedback from the company I'm working for (something sorely lacking from my last long-term employer), and comparison shop for the job that fits just so, instead of grabbing the first thing off the rack. Sounds silly, I know - but it's a luxury I never had the confidence to do in the past.

More news as it comes. Wish me luck, kids.

4 comments:

A Lewis said...

I spent two years working for a temp service.....but only worked at one business. It was great and I loved every minute of it.

KipEsquire said...

Best of luck! :-)

Scott in Iowa said...

Good Luck to you, Matt!

Anonymous said...

You know I wish you all the best. But please don't totally give up on music!