Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sway the course

Before I moved to Seattle, I was never very politically motivated. I believed that my one little vote wasn't going to do a damn thing one way or the other, and honestly I was naive enough to think that the issues that everyone debated about didn't really affect me.

Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

On Tuesday, GET OUT AND VOTE. Period. There is absolutely no reason in the universe that you should not. NONE. If you cannot excercise your right to shape the future of our country, then you do not understand how precious a right it is, and it's true, you will have no right to bitch and moan about the outcome. So DO IT. I mean it.

I was going to write about the big issues we're facing in this election, but there are so many places to find information on all the issues - and I won't pretend to be an expert on any of them. I was then going to just write a few quick bullet points on my opinions - but that felt like "preaching to the choir". So if you aren't sure about the sides to the issues - LEARN ABOUT THEM! NOW! And if you need any help, just ask. I'll do my best to help you find what you need.

And on Tuesday, for all of our sakes, GO VOTE! And send me a comment telling me you did it. Make me proud. No ... make yourself proud.

No comments: