Saturday, November 04, 2006

Feelin' groovy ...

Well, Kali is a huge ball of energy the past two days - even more so today. She really doesn't seem to be in much pain, but I keep giving her the pain pills anyway, at least until her follow-up visit on Monday. She's jumping around, trying to play with the other dogs, trying to chase the cat, just trying to be ... well, a puppy. I keep worrying that she'll break her stiches, or scratch out the drainage tube, or just plain overdo it. I worry a lot. Luckily, I can keep a level head when needed (to an extent) and am taking care of her every waking minute. She's on a short leash attached to me as I'm typing this, and she and I are pretty much confined to the office with the food bowl, her water cup (I hold it for her while she drinks - she's a sloppy drinker), her medicines, a bed and blanket, and lots of toys. I'm trying to keep her occupied and as happy as can be, but all she wants to do is run around and play and rough-house and dig. Yeah, I discovered she's a digger - not just the plants nearby (we take a lot of tropical plants indoors for the winter) but she seems to think she can dig through the dog bed and carpet to get to ... where? The kitchen? Hmmm ... she does love her some peanut butter ...

The downside to all of this (and believe me, I'm very happy that she's doing okay) is that I'm exhausted. I can't really have her out of my sight for a second (I need to make sure she doesn't start scratching her wound), so I've only taken quick three-minute showers (with her in the bathroom) and haven't been able to shave. Poor Scott is working long hours (he's a retail manager starting the holiday season) and has a bad knee at the moment, so I want him to be able to relax and recuperate when he gets home. I can be kinda anal about the way the house looks, so not being able to clean up the house (all those Halloween decorations are in the dining room now) or get the laundry done or run errands is making me cranky.

Blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda. I'm in a complaining mood and since I'm almost literally anchored to my computer, well, this is my blog post today.

And this is the toll it has taken. Sigh ... to be clean-cut and well-groomed again ...



No comments: