Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One of my heroes ...

If you're not familiar with Mark Morford, he's a colmnist with the San Francisco Chronicle. I faithfully read his columns on Wednesdays and Fridays on SFGate.com (you can subscribe to his posts as well). He is outspokenly liberal, sarcastic, in-your-face, and intelligent. He regularly writes in support of the gay community - and he's straight. I really admire this man and his writings. Check out today's column about the gay marriage debate and the "rationale" behind the argument against gay marriage. And then e-mail him with your thoughts. Oh, he gets plenty of hate mail - so if you disagree with him, he won't be offended. But if you do like him - let him know that, too. We need more straight people like him fighting for us. I wish I could speak out (write out?) with his style. He makes me want to do just that.

Oh, and speaking of straight allies - check out Atticus Circle as well. I just came across this today. It made me smile. There is hope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful article he wrote

Anonymous said...

Finally, a sane, calm look at the truth without a bunch of crap being thrown from either side. I like that. Very well written!