Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Here comes the rain (again) ...

For those of you who don't live in the Pacific Northwest, yes, it rains a lot. Not huge downpours, rarely thunder and lightening, but just a fairly steady mist or light rain. And certainly not all year round - fall and winter mostly, and November is usually the wettest here in Seattle. Then we get into the lightly rainy winter, the start of drying out in spring, and the oh-my-god gorgeous summer.

This year we've already had our share of storms; it's the wettest November on record. We've had high winds, flooding, almost constant fronts moving through. It's been nasty. Here's a picture of yesterday's storm that came through hard and heavy - lightening, thunder, hail, downpours, wind ... luckily I was already at home by then. At the first boom of thunder, the dogs came running downstairs with these wide-eyed looks of "What the hell was that????"




It looks like another big storm is set to come through tomorrow afternoon, with lots of snow up in the mountain passes - so if you're around here and travelling tomorrow, leave early and be careful!!!!


Now it's time for me to start the preparations for tomorrow - run to the store, finish cleaning the house (can't do that too early with a puppy around), start brining the turkey, make dessert, drink vodka, and make everything ahead of time that I can. Our dinner has gone from seven people a few days ago to possibly twelve - so I'm a little stressed. I don't think I can fit twelve people at our table. I hope we have enough place settings. I hope we can borrow enough chairs. Did I mention the part about drinking vodka??

I'm sure there will be pictures to post. I know you're looking forward to that.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We all have something to be thankful for. Remember those less fortunate than you, be good to each other, and enjoy the holiday.

No comments: