Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Feeling Blue?


Congratulations to the Democrats for taking back the House, and possibly the Senate. Hopefully we can turn the country in a different direction. Bush's press conference this afternoon should be interesting.

To the people who voted for the state amendments banning gay marriage in Idaho, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin and Colorado ... I am not just disappointed, I am disgusted. Shame on you. Your "traditional values" and "moral high road" are, very sadly, not what you think they are. To those who voted against this bigotry and are heartbroken today, I am so sorry. I can imagine how these decisions not only disgusted but crushed you and your hopes that you would be treated as an equal member of society. Kelly, you and Jeff are in my thoughts today ...

And to those in Arizona who defeated the proposed amendment in your state - thank you and congratulations. You're all invited to dinner at my house.

4 comments:

KipEsquire said...

Arizona still has a DOMA and no statutory anti-discrimination protections of any kind for gays.

No dinner for them. It would be like giving the bully your lunch money to thank him for not taking your lunch money.

Matt said...

My invitation was only to those who voted to defeat the amendment. And true about the DOMA and lack of anti-discriminatory legislation. But ... still a victory.

Baby steps ...

Unknown said...

Thanks... I think we will survive... my 24 hours of depression are now over.. its a new day... moving onward and upwards... so what is for dinner??/ hehe

Matt said...

Glad to hear your outlook is positive, Kelly ... for dinner? Whadda Ya Want? :)