Thursday, December 14, 2006

What to choose ...

Anyone who has read through all of my posts know that I don't generally shy away from voicing my opinion - although I try to do it in a rational way, not just going head-over-heels emotional about it. Doing that, without a doubt, would be the best way to alienate people of different opinions. I want people to consider my opinions, to think about them, to try and understand why I think that way. And although I, like everyone else, have very strong convictions that may or may not be able to be swayed, I welcome any and all dissenting points of view - as long as they are presented truthfully and rationally. If anyone attacks me with their opinion, I can go quite Julia Sugarbaker on them (Scott has taught me well). That hasn't happened on this blog ... yet. My "audience" comes from the same ilk as me, it seems. But I still learn from y'all.

There have been a few things in the news the past few days that made me consider blogging about them, because they have made me think in one way or another. But I haven't, yet. I guess I feel a little unfocused lately, and no one thing has really stood out beyond the others.

So I ask you, dear readers, to vote on what I should next write about:


  1. A New Jersey pastor spewing anti-gay-marriage venom in his invocation of the New Jersey senate session
  2. TIME magazine's publishing of James Dobson's lies-as-facts guest column regarding gay parents
  3. Pittsburgh Steeler's linebacker Joey Porter's "apology" for his anti-gay slurs at another player
  4. South Dakota Senator Tom Johnson's illness and possible political impact
  5. George W. Bush's approval rating being controlled by the media

Vote if you're interested. Beware, if nobody has an opinion, I'll write about them all. So there.

And if you have other topics I can lash out about, let me know. I'm here to serve.

4 comments:

KipEsquire said...

Dobson's always a fun topic...

Scott in Iowa said...

Being a gay parent myself, I'd vote to hear your thoughts on James Dobson. I haven't been riled up in a while. Rile me! :-)

KipEsquire said...

Dobson. Dobson! We got Dobson here!

(Anyone recognize the movie quote?)

john said...

I love Julia Sugarbaker and I love her old southern soapbox.
I would have to say number 1. A minister spewing out venom. I recently posted something about the bible interpretations. I'm sure that it will be considered that "my opinion". But I wrote that the interpretation I get is that God has a no-strings attached love for His people. He welcomed them all into his world--prosititues and kings.