Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Deck the Block

We finally got a chance to take a few pictures of Christmas lights around the neighborhood - yeah, I love Christmas lights. When I was a kid, we'd pile in the car at least once each December and drive all over the place just to see the lights. I miss doing that, but a walk around the block will have to do for now.

I wish I took better night pictures so you could see the houses, too.




This is a really cool Victorian house with a turret and big dormer. I like the big colored lights - reminds me of the lights we used when I was little:








This is another beautiful old house; a lot of people have fences in their front yards here (I don't remember that back in the Midwest), but I like how they've decorated it:









This house is right next door to the last one - lots going on here! But I like it:









Another cool old house on the corner ... I like the blue with the white lights:









Another house with those big old-fashioned lights:









Icicle lights are still all the rage here, but I like them when they're done tastefully:








Our next-door neighbor's house - there are tree branches in the way and this picture doesn't do it justice, but it's very traditional and classy:







And one last picture of our house:


3 comments:

john said...

The lights are beautiful. To me, the lights were always prettier at my own house--I know cheesy.

Matt said...

Not cheesy - I always thought our lights were the prettiest too, growing up. Looking back they weren't anything spectacular, but beautiful in a warm kinda homey way.

A Lewis said...

We had TONS of lights on our one-acre property growing up....complete with Santa up on the rooftop by the chimney. I love your pics....and walk down the neighborhood lane. And I, too, remember piling in the back of the 1967 Chevy station wagon and driving to the "rich" parts of town to look at the lights.