Saturday, December 30, 2006

Me me me ...

I've read this meme on a few blogs, and while I'm thinking about a serious post I want to write, I'm using this as filler ...


1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be? Scott, or a family member, or Judi.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Absolutely.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? Generally more of a listener - you learn more by listening than by talking. Depending on who I'm with, though, I don't mind talking ...

4. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Hmmmm. It depends on what I had with me. I love camping, and I'm pretty good at not getting lost, but I'm a city boy.

5. Do you like to ride horses? I remember riding a horse once. I was about 5 years old, they were all tethered to a little wheel-thing and we slowly went around in a circle. Does that count?

I have ridden a camel, though. I didn't like it. I don't think the camel did either.

6. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Yep. I was a Cub Scout and then a Boy Scout for a couple of years. We used to go to summer camp in Wisconsin for a week. I also went to a Drum Major camp in high school (yep, I was the drum major of my high-school marching band ... )

7. What was your favorite board game as a kid? We played Risk a lot, but I always lost so I didn't really like it. I loved Clue, though.

8. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was taken what would you do? Not applicable since I'm taken. If I were single, I would lose all respect for them.

9. Are you judgemental? I try not to be, but we all are to an extent.

10. Would you date someone with different religious beliefs? Luckily Scott and I have the same beliefs! I guess it always depends on how the other person accepts your beliefs and how you share them.

11. Are you continuing your education? Constantly, although just in life. I'd love to go back to school or at least take some classes.

12. Do you know how to shoot a gun? I used to, from Boy Scout camp. There's some irony there, I'm sure. But I guess I don't anymore.

13. If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you'd grab? Well, Scott would get out with me, and probably the dogs would be out of the house ahead of us. I know we'd try to save the other animals. But I can't think of any material thing that couldn't be replaced.

14. How often do you read books? I usually read every night when I get into bed. I used to read more when I took the bus to work.

15. Do you think more about the past, present or future? Good question. I'm pretty nostalgic, so I do think about the past, but I don't dwell on it. The present is usually stressful. I guess I think more about the future, since there's always hope involved.

16. What is your favorite children's book? "Oh The Places You'll Go" (Dr. Seuss).

17. How tall are you? 6'2".

18. Where is your ideal house located? I'd have to have more than one. San Francisco, Hawaii, San Diego, Arizona, Chicago, New York and Paris. There's something about each of those places that I'd like to live in. (We said ideal, so there.)

19. Last person you talked to? Scott, when he called me from work this morning.

20. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Good Lord ... it was before I moved to Seattle. Probably in college, so that would be about 1989.

21. What are the keys on your keychain for? My car and my house.

22. What did you do last night? Made dinner, watched part of a movie, read a little, went to sleep. Evenings are pretty low-key in our house.

23. Where is your current pain at? My neck, right shoulder, and lower back. The dogs have kept both of us from sleeping well lately.

24. Do you like mustard? Oh my God yes. I love mustard or a mustard-based sauce on almost any type of food. Especially a good grainy Dijon-type. Scott doesn't, though.

25. Do you like your Mom and Dad? They've both passed away. I still love them and like who they were (even if I didn't always like everything about them when they were alive ... )

26. How long does it take you in the shower? Probably about 10 minutes.

27. What movie do you want to see right now? A Mighty Wind. I love that movie for so many reasons.

28. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats? Lotion?!? I don't think they'd let me do that ...

29. What will you do for New Year's? Make a nice dinner, watch a good movie, play some games, and try to stay awake while watching some New Year's Eve show on TV.

30. Do you think The Grudge was scary? YES! I love good scary movies when they're done right. If it relies on blood and gore and violence - absolutely not.

31. Do you own a camera phone? No. Who's idea was that, anyway??

32. What's the first letter of your middle name? J.

33. Who did you vote for on American Idol? I never watched it, except some of the auditions. I'm not a reality TV fan. (Okay, I'm not much of a TV fan, period).

34. How many hours of sleep do you get at night? Usually around 9, since I'm not working right now. I always try for 8.

35. Do you like Care Bears? No. I can't stand cutesy stuff like that.

36. Do you know how to play poker? Vaguely. I always have to be reminded if I do play ... I'm not a big card player.

37. Do you wear your seat belt? Always. And you do too if you're in my car.

38. What do you sleep in? Nada.

39. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Hmmm ... well, there was the Brown's Chicken Massacre in 1993.

40. Is your tongue pierced? Are you kidding??? No. I don't like piercings, on me or on others.

41. Who is the funniest person you know? Definitely Scott. And Hal.

42. Do you like funny or serious people better? Funny - as long as that's not all there is to them.

43. Did you eat a cookie today? No. We do have a lot of Christmas cookies around, both that I made and that people gave to Scott at work. So, I'm sure I will later.

44. Do you use cuss words in other languages? No. I know some, but English cuss words work just great, thanks.

45. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? Pay.

46. When was the last time you said "I love you" and meant it? This morning when Scott was leaving for work. Why would you say it if you don't mean it?

47. Is your cell phone usually on Vibrate or ring? Ring, but I don't take it anywhere that it would annoy anyone.

48. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend? Got one, but thanks anyway.

4 comments:

Scott in Iowa said...

Ok, so not quite as many things in common as I thought. ;-)

...just one question...just what do you mean by "indulge" yourself in the shower?? ;-)

Matt said...

Okay, I'm going to change that now ... that's NOT what I meant!!!

A Lewis said...

I actually kind of liked the "induulge" part...but, you know me! Wow, I learned a little more/a lot more about you, Matt.....all good, of course. thanks for sharing.

KipEsquire said...

"Who is the funniest person you know? Definitely Scott."

Having watched the "Bob the Crab" video, my first thought is: Can we get more of Scott here at M-days?

(Nothing personal...)

;-)