Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Time Is Here ...

The tree is up, the decorations and lights done yesterday (Scott had a day off - yay!). So a few pictures are required of me ...



The Tree:


The house from across the street:
The front porch (the lights slowly twinkle):



A neighbor's house (blurry, but we were walking the dogs at the time) with Big Balls (yes, they're gay - I covet these porch decorations):

One Kali Leaping:

One Matt a-pleading (really, I was playing with the doggies):

Scott and I took other pictures around the neighborhood last night while taking the dogs for a walk - but trying to take night pictures with a puppy attached to you makes for some not-so-usable pics. So I'll try again later. Tonight it's too rainy and windy.

I love it when people decorate their homes for the holidays, no matter how simply (like us). It just makes a walk or drive much more fun. I'd love to see some pictures of what your home looks like for the holidays (Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, whatever you celebrate ... ).

Enjoy ...



5 comments:

KipEsquire said...

"Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, whatever you celebrate..."

You forgot Life Day.

Anonymous said...

I remember your mom and dad's Christmas trees. They always had tinsel on them, and they looked so beautiful! They must have placed each strand on individulally, because it just fell perfectly over the branches. They were the prettiest tress I have ever seen! I remember a couple of Christmases where we would visit and bring presents, but I don't know if you were even born then! LOL! I guess I remember David the most, and Mark. But you...you escape my memory.

Matt said...

LOL kipesquire ... okay, Life Day too ...

Matt said...

Oh I remember that, Jo ... when we were old enough to help decorate the tree, we had to place every single strand of tinsel one at a time. It took FOREVER!!! I remember Mark especially always took his handful of tinsel and hung it all on one branch at the back of the tree, and my Mom would make him re-do it.

They were beautiful trees, but I will NEVER use tinsel again!!! (Only in part due to the dogs and cats ... ).

A Lewis said...

Love you begging.....and I'll bet Scott does too! Barefoot and all. Love your pics and decorations. The tree looks great....and big.