Monday, May 26, 2008

THIS is how you rock it.

Yeah, I'm in love with Joss Stone. And I've always loved Melissa Etheridge.

And this is old - the 2005 Grammy Awards, when Melissa made her first performance after her cancer treatments - how the hell does she still look so good? But I stumbled upon this today and watched it four times with my mouth hanging open. I've always loved Janis Joplin and her raw, earthy, blatant, scratchy, intimate, shake-you-and-wake-you voice. To have these two incredible women performing live in a tribute to her - HELL yeah.

THIS is how you rock. Watch and learn, peoples.

Enjoy.


4 comments:

madhouse 6 said...

f'ing love melissa.

thanks for making me remember this amazing performance

Anonymous said...

WOW.

Darth Gateau said...

I really love Joss Stone's version of L-O-V-E, originally recorded for a Chanel ad starring Keira Knightly - not sure if that was ever shown in US. It's too cool for words.

A Bear in the Woods said...

Melissa Etheridge is awesome