Saturday, May 31, 2008

Here's to the bloggers who lunch ...

One of my favorite bloggers, Long Story Longer, made the long trip home to Washington State this past week. My luck won out, and she made it up to the Big Bad City that is Seattle yesterday.

After she got only slightly lost (and with both of us laughing on our cell phones as I tried to steer her towards where I work), we found each other near a dumpster over on Harrison Street.

We grabbed burritos at Taco del Mar and headed over to Cascade Park to eat among the rhododendrons and sparrows, although we mostly were laughing at each other's eating habits and the strange stories of how we each got to where we are now. We both pulled out our cameras, which sparked a little fear in both of us. Of course, then we started laughing because we had identical cameras - except that hers is frilly, girly pink, and mine is rough-and-tumble-ultra-butch blue. We both mentioned how much we hate posing for pictures and are much more photogenic when picture-takers sneak up on us without warning. The resulting picture is a mix of both.

She wasn't happy with her hair (I think spiral curls would be a nice look - just a thought, LSL), I wasn't happy with my allergy-swollen eyes. But we're mature, well-adjusted adults who embrace our insecurities. Really.

In all seriousness - it was a pleasure and an honor to meet LSL after being blog friends for such a long time. She's smart, funny, genuine, adorable, and an all-around Great Person to Know. I highly recommend her for any Bloggerpalooza.

13 comments:

Dave2 said...

Waaah. I'm jealous.

I'm three hours away... but working, so I won't be able to meet up with LSL while she's here. :-(

A Lewis said...

Listen here you bad boys and girls: LSL is one of my favorites. Never met her, but we've emailed. And, to show her good spirit, she even left me a gift bag filled with goodies when she was in Portland and we failed to connect. She's a gem. And, yes, I think that ringlet curls would fit her well. Oh, and she took my advice and visited Krakow, Poland, too....now that's another god reason to love her! But, a dumpster? Even I would have shown her a better time than that. And my favorite at Taco del Mar is the cheese enchilada platter. Yum.!

Anonymous said...

OK so ...I can not even thing right now of how to tell you how jealous I am .......Taco del Mar AND LSL ???????? The Karma gods must be smiling on you. Glad you had a great time !

Scott in Iowa said...

Meeting bloggie friends is fun!

LSL said...

What a sweet post. And aren't you kind calling it "slightly lost." I'm anxious to get back home to my PC so I can tell blogland that, if it's even possible, you're cuter in person than you are on your blog. Thanks for lunch, my friend. It was a highlight of my week!

LSL said...

ACK! I do have spiral curls! I straighten my hair everyday!

madhouse 6 said...

ummm. speechless. pic. speechless.

Rick Rockhill said...

awesome! I just met a blogger friend while I was in london last week, it was fun!

Anonymous said...

It's always cool to meet blogger buds.
I think it's funny how you say you met by a dumpster. lol.

It's good to know, I'm not the only one suffering from allergies right now. I want to rip out my eyeballs!

Michael said...

Two of my favorite bloggers in one place! I'm jealous!

Dave said...

So THAT'S what she looks like when she's not carving a pumpkin.

Sizzle said...

Lucky! I didn't get to see LSL while she was here. I really wanted to lick her again. ;)

FireHorse said...

What a wonderful post and a lovely (and natural) picture of the both of you. Meeting other bloggers can be fun.