Thursday, February 08, 2007

I SWEAR I'm not making this up ...

A theater in Florida received a complaint from a passing motorist because of the title of an upcoming play that was displayed on a marquee out front. The woman was embarrassed because her young neice was in the car and had asked her what an unfamiliar (to her) word meant in the title. Apparently the woman was "offended [she] had to answer the question".



The offensive play is "The Vagina Monologues".




So, the theater changed the wording on the marquee to this:








(I can only imagine the way this woman's conversations with her OB/GYN would go ... )


7 comments:

LSL said...

I'm glad you posted this. Hearing about it drove me a little nutty - girls have enough problems. And how old is the neice that she didn't know the word "vagina"? I hope they don't see the play, it gets a lot more intense than that . . .

I loved how you mentioned the OB/GYN appointments. You know there's a lot of "down there" going on.

A Lewis said...

Let's see how this would go when explaining it to a child: "A man places his wee wee into the woman's hoo-ha and then nine months later the hoo-ha opens up and baby pops out." Yup, that sure cleared things up for me. It's time to live life honestly, folks.....I mean, it's time to BE OUT THERE>...honestly, clearly, beautifully.

john said...

I think that the slang terms we use for body parts are somewhat more offensive.

Scott in Iowa said...

Americans...that's all I have to say about that.

Wayne said...

Oh Lord, people just need to get a life!

CondoBlogger said...

ugh

Spider said...

Well, at LEAST it wasn't in Orlando...