This meme is making the rounds ... I actually have been tagged by a few recently, so I owe a few bloggers, but this was actually the easiest - so the others will have to wait.
The rules are relatively simple: bold the items you’ve done; don’t bold items you haven’t done. I won't tag anyone for this, but if you're inclined to join in, please let me know.
1. Started your own blog. You’re reading it.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. Yes, big band geek here.
4. Visited Hawaii. Loved it.
5. Watched a meteor shower .
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. And it was worth it.
7. Been to Disney World / Land. Disneyland – my high school band played there my senior year, when I was Drum Major (see #3)
8. Climbed a mountain. Hiked in the mountains, but that’s it. And I only made it part way. Ask Scott – he has funny pictures.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo. In chapel in college. ‘Nuf said.
11. Bungee jumped. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *whew* That’s funny.
12. Visited Paris. I want to live on Ile Ste. Louis.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. From a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. Then woke up to water sloshing in through the porthole.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. I’d like to, though.
15. Adopted a child. Only furry ones.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. I stopped there my first time in New York, but continued on to see Ellis Island.
18. Grown your own vegetables. We used to have vegetable gardens as a child.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Yes, it’s tiny.
20. Slept on an overnight train. From Paris to Rome. And yes, someone came into our compartment and tried to rob us.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Actually, a “mental health day”.
24. Built a snow fort. I grew up near Chicago.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon. I was never a good distance runner, but I was a good sprinter.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Both. I’d like to do that more often.
31. Hit a home run. In softball games at my cousin’s house.
32. Been on a cruise. The summer after high school – Greece, Egypt, Israel, and Turkey.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Been to Amish community. In Iowa and Indiana.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Again, something I want to do.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. For a short while.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke. “Love Shack” by the B-52’s (with a friend). It was horrid. But I got a date out of it.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. I love Yellowstone Park.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. Egypt, overnight. Alexandria, Cairo, and Port Said.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. *knock on wood*
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. It was being repaired, but I saw it through the scaffolding.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Twice. Ask Scott about the second time.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Snorkeling, in lakes and briefly (very briefly) in Puerto Vallarta.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. We had a creek behind our house growing up.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. An almost weekly occurrence during the summers in high school.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia. I’d love to, though. I had a Social Science teacher in high school who showed us pictures of toilets from all over Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Scott’s a good guy.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. Not allowed to.
65. Gone sky diving. HUGE, paralyzing fear of heights and falling that gets worse the older I get.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check. Oops.
68. Flown in a helicopter. Unbelievably, yes. Three years ago along the Kona coast in Hawaii.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. It’s still at the house I grew up in, where my brother still lives, in the basement. Lots of them.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. I’d love to go back to D.C.
71. Eaten Caviar. No thanks.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. It was mutual really, but still a blow to my ego.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. *knock on wood again*
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. I’m scared of accidents, too.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Well, from a plane a few times. The first time, we were ahead of schedule, and the pilot made a go-around so everyone could see it.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. Joe Jetta.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. Very cool.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. In high school, pictures of me as Drum Major from our Homecoming performance (see #3 and #7).
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Ick. I prefer meat that comes pre-packaged at the grocery store.
88. Had chickenpox. So I’m told, when I was about two years old.
89. Saved someone’s life. Not that I know of.
90. Sat on a jury. Served jury duty, but didn’t make it past voir dire. I think the public defendant knew I thought he was an asshole.
91. Met someone famous. Somehow I lost the Seagram’s 7 bottle that Joan Rivers signed after seeing Forbidden Broadway in New York. Oh, and ask Scott about Eartha Kitt.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one. Sadly.
94. Had a baby. Not that I know of …
95. Seen the Alamo in person. I hear it’s made of adobe and has no basement.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. Luckily not since I was in fourth grade.