- My stomach's been upset since Tuesday. I think it's the flu (and I haven't taken well enough care of Matterdays to shake it) - and stress.
- Deadlines are looming - which makes being sick even worse. I stayed home today, and felt horrible all day; partly from being sick, partly from not being at work.
- Scott is on vacation through next week. This weekend is our annual neighborhood camping trip, so he headed up to Fort Ebey on Whidbey Island yesterday. I'm heading up tomorrow morning with Kali. It should be a relaxing vacation weekend for us, but all I can think of is what I'm not getting done by going. I guess laundry and housecleaning will have to wait. And I'm not looking forward to the ferry ride with an upset stomach.
- I feel like I'm neglecting the few friends that I have. I need to spend more time with them.
- Our eleventh anniversary is this week. Yay us.
- I haven't eaten since Wednesday night. I have a frozen dinner in the oven right now. Mr. Microwave died. I wanted to replace it with an over-the-stove version so that we'd have some counter space, but we found out that some idiot, when remodelling our kitchen probably 20 years ago, placed the cabinets too low. Grrrr.
- I'm hungry. 25 more minutes. Wait - it's GOOD that I'm hungry.
- Scott doesn't have cell phone reception up at the island, so other than a quick voice mail from each of us, we haven't talked since Thursday morning. I miss him. I feel a little lost. I don't even like it when he closes at work, so this is sad for me.
- The dogs have been fighting a lot lately. I think they fought before Scott left, because Kali is limping. I have a sick feeling that they're going to fight over the weekend. I think I'd better bring bandages. We'll be in the middle of nowhere.
- I'm going to eat dinner now and go to bed early.
Friday, August 22, 2008
My life this week: