Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March 12 of 12

Time again for the Chad Darnell 12 of 12 phenomenon!
These picture were all taken on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 in Seattle, Washington.




On my way to work, driving through Capitol Hill. Notice the huge crack in the windshield (lower left, across the left lane)? I had a chip that started cracking the glass when it got incredibly cold and snowy/icy. Now I have to come up with the money to replace the windshield. Grrrrr ...





Crossing I-5. The guard rail is blurry, but the large grey horizontal building smack-dab in the center is where I work. The little windowed tower to the right is Seattle's main REI store.




Paying at the parking kiosk. For some silly reason, they take credit/debit cards ... and coins. No bills. And some of them never work, so I have to walk around finding one to give me a parking sticker. Grumble ...



Did I mention that someone keyed Joe Jetta a couple weeks ago? On a Saturday night, parked in front of my house. Sometimes I hate our neighborhood. I know it's vain to get pissed off about someone damaging your car, but really - it's the whole idea that someone has no respect for anyone else or their stuff. Another grumble ...






A couple of blocks from work, looking over at Capitol Hill ...






The tall building in the center is Two Union Square, a landmark of the Seattle skyline which my firm designed ...





Miraculously, I only had 23 e-mails when I got to work this morning. I think I answered three.



Our administrative departments just moved to this new area of our building last weekend. It's really bright up here. I'm not complaining.


Proof that I really do work here. Notice my right hand on my adding machine. Notice that it's not plugged in. (Still some electrical work to be finished, and not enough outlets ... I was practicing my acting brilliance).



Leaving work - cherry trees blooming ...




Looking towards the Space Needle ...







This fast food place is about two blocks from my house. Sadly, about a month ago someone walked in and opened fire, killing the owner and wounding a couple other people. There was a huge pile of flowers and "Say No To Guns" posters in the windows that have all since been removed. I don't know if it will open again.

Let's make up for the depressing post this month ... daffodils are blooming!! Somehow, things always return to a good part of the cycle! Take a look at this face:



Happy 12 of 12 to everyone!



14 comments:

A Lewis said...

Numerous floods of emotion are ebbing over me! I think we walked right by your office on our walking around Seattle during our visit a month ago.... right by the REI building to/from Capitol Hill. We have those same parking meters here.....weird how they don't take bills. And the car being keyed? Not nice at all. Mine is in the garage...every night. In spite of how nice I may think our neighbors are! And I'd say that a guy who can get an adding machine to work without electricity is one hell of a guy.

Anonymous said...

That is terrible about that restaurant. I don't remember hearing anything about it here in the NW. Great 12 of 12 and I love your adding machine. They never really think things through do they....

Elaine said...

Some people are so immature. Sorry about the Jetta getting keyed. How annoying.

Scooter said...

Great photos! But I hate 12 of 12's we don't get to spend together. :(

Michael said...

Great as usual, Matt. I love the last two photos--death and new life. I'm surprised that incident didn't make national news. Have things like that become so commonplace?

Lisa B said...

Terrible about the restaurant. Lovely pic of the cherry blossom, really brightens the day.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and varied collection that you shared. I can't believe you already have cherry blossoms and daffodils! Beautiful! Our snow is ALMOST gone after yesterday's heat wave of 50 degrees. ;-)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Liked the pics Matt, well except for what some one did to your car. Where I last worked there were a bunch of kids that would go through the parking lot looking for new cars and key them down the side of the car.

Dogeared said...

That's just not right about your car, and how sad to learn about the shootings at that Cheese Steak shop.

I like the way you went onto a happy photo though, balancing the good and the bad.

Helen (Dogeared)

Poun said...

daffodils and cherry tree !! yay !!! beautiful !!

arghh about the key mark on your car !! people can be so disrespectful it is beyond annoying !!!

Curtis said...

I love all of the windows in your office! Natural light makes SUCH a difference.

Joe Jubinville said...

You're evidently powering the adding machine with that 2000 watt smile, you handsome devil!

If somebody keyed my car I'd do more than grumble. I'd cry.

Tom said...

I always love the 12 of 12. Sorry about your car. It's nice seeing the flowers coming out. I can't wait for that to start here.

Rick Rockhill said...

great photos!!! The daff is such a great ending too. Happy Easter~