Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12 of 12

Once again, thanks to Chad for the 12 of 12 phenomenon.

These pictures were all taken on Monday, November 12, 2007, in Seattle, Washington.


Welcome to November in Seattle. Rain and wind.



We lost a few of our budgies in the past year. The lone survivor is Kylie, on the right. Yesterday we got Chirpie, on the left, so she (he?) wouldn't be lonely.



Fulfilling my duty of posting a pic of myself on 12 of 12. Home, exhausted, and laying on the floor in the front hall.




Maybe there's a way to get that (obviously sorely needed) new camera after all.




Our flag is up pretty much all year. Thanks on Veteran's Day to all who have served our country.



Somehow, this has to become dinner.



Kali wants to help.



Hunter has a new toy. Just like a child - the box is the best part.



A beautiful scene from a beautiful movie. I'll post it soon.



Making dinner.



Dinner - chicken, rice and broccoli. Needed some comfort food. Notice Stoli's nose in the lower left corner.



Getting ready to slip into the most comfortable bed in the world.

BONUS PIC: "Grateful"


Scott, home from work, with Lola on his shoulder. It seems that every being in this house is grateful to be here. I know I am. I'm grateful that I have this every single night.

Happy 12 of 12!!

19 comments:

Adam said...

Love your glasses. We're grateful for the same thing kinda. Also, cheers on pulling that dinner together. I would have given up and gone out to eat, I'm a whimp.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Yummm I'm hungry Matt! Don't let my chicken get cold! Wow you have so many animals, it is like you have your own zoo! I have pigeons pooping on my balcony, could I count them as pets?

Steven

Scooter said...

Okay, this may seem weird, but that guy in the last picture looks oddly familiar. I know I've seen him. But where?

Anonymous said...

It's David Hasseloff! Silly.

great pictures!

Sorted Lives said...

I always forget 12 of 12. Great photos!! Funny, my dinner looked very similar last evening.

Paul said...

Another day in the neighborhood! What a life.

Do you put on slippers and a cardigan when you get home?

john said...

Happy 12 of 12

CondoBlogger said...

Great pics! Once again I would not have recognized you! Kali and Scott are both too cute.

Darth Gateau said...

Amazing! What a menagerie you have! Your place must be abuzz with activity at all hours of the day. Brilliant.

Curtis said...

I heard about the rain and wind up in the pacific northwest. Sounds like it was pretty bad. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Rick Rockhill said...

great 12 of 12...I somehow missed that you had a bird..I only have the dog and cat now, but used to raise birds for many years.

Anonymous said...

I've just been catching up on the posts I've missed while I was gone. Love your 12 of 12, and I am so grateful that you have Scott to come home to after the crazy days at work (like the venting post you mentioned). Sorry about your phone! I hope you took your battery out to dry! And maybe Santa can bring you that new camera...just keep being a good boy! ;-) Wish I could give you a hug, cuz! Love you!!

A Lewis said...

Laying on the floor in the front hallway? You must be totally exhausted.....at least your sexy glasses are still intact. And yummy food, a warm bed, and good partner to keep you all cozy. I love the insight into you life.

Steven said...

That is such a cute picture of Kali at the window. I'm the same way with the flag. However, you're supposed to being it in at night if it's not lit up. ;-)

I love your closing remark of everyone being grateful.

Thanks for sharing!

Dogeared said...

Yay for Kylie getting a new friend! One more for the menagerie :D

Helen, 12 of 12er

Michael said...

Great pictures as always! Thanks for including that one of your cute mug!

Anonymous said...

Kali is too cute !
And that dinner look delicious ! yummm

Great pictures !

Poun said...

Oh and I forgot...I loved Amelie ;-)

dirk.mancuso said...

Stumbled upon your blog last month with the 12 of 12 thing and have been hanging around ever since. Great pics -- the meal looks delicious and the family is adorable.

Hope Santa brings you that new phone and/or camera you've got your eye on.