Friday, August 31, 2007

"Puttin' On the Ritz!!!"



Scott and I went to see "Young Frankenstein - The Musical" tonight before it leaves its' Seattle debut for Broadway.

Freakin'. Brilliant.

I was laughing hysterically throughout the entire 2 1/2 hours. (If you haven't seen the movie, you have no idea why ... but hopefully y'all have seen it).

The cast included Roger Bart, Megan Mullaly, Sutton Foster, and Andrea Martin. Yes, all of them here in our little town of Seattle. We were swooning. (Every time Andrea Martin was on stage, I kept thinking of her as the aunt in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" - "What do you mean he don't eat no meat? Oh, that's okay - I make lamb").

And I still can't stop laughing at Elizabeth (Megan Mullaly) singing "Deep Love". Again, hopefully you've seen the movie, so you can guess why it was so funny. Lines about Deep Love ... Long Love ... Firm Love ... yes, it was an adult show. I was crying from laughing through so much of it.

Anyway - this was the first quasi-"Date Night" we've had in months. It was nice.

If any of you have the chance to see this show, DO IT. Really - worth every penny.

7 comments:

CondoBlogger said...

I am SO JEALOUS!!! Great to hear that it's good. One of my all time favorite movies... every line is a classic... "Hump? What Hump?"

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to let loose...laughter is good for the soul!

Reviews For Jake said...

okay, you are SO right about Andrea Martin. HYSTERICAL!!!

EVERYTHING SHE DID WAS GENIUS!

My favorite Megan part was: "Tits! Tiiits!!! TIIIIIITSSSS!!!!!" (AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ! COULD THAT BE ANYMORE PERFECT!?!?!?)

I saw the show last night too! Floor, Row N. Where were you guys?

Thank you for the welcome to Seattle. Today I was a total tourist. LOVED it! Any suggestions on where to go out?

FYI: Chicago told me to tell you hello and it misses you.

Matt said...

Micah, thanks for the comment. LOVED "Puttin' On the Ritz" - the big chorus/dance part where they were all tapping with the huge boots on - perfect!

We were Mezzanine, Row R - we got tickets just the other night. STILL worth it.

Glad you had a good Seattle Tourist day - it's been GORGEOUS out! Sorry, I'm the wrong guy to suggest where to go out ... married homebody here. But it sounds like you'll find fun wherever you go. And thanks for the "Hello" from Chicago - that was sweet. I miss it too.

Paul said...

Firm, long, deep ... I have no idea what you're talking about.

Happy anniversary.

Unknown said...

Wow.. I can't wait to see this! You are soooooo lucky....Glad you both had a 'date night'.

"sweet mystery of love at last I found you!"

Rey Rey said...

Tickets here in NYC are supposedly starting at $400... Young Frankenstein is one of my all-time faves (second only to most of Monty Pythons' films... and Spamalot was brilliant!)...

I just hope they do the "My name is Frau Blücher (horse whinnies)" and "Vould you like a voll in da hay? Voll voll voll in da hay." and "You just made a yummy sound..." LOL I'm cracking up just thinking about it.

Maybe I'll have to ask my "quasi ex/not ex" to buy me tickets for Christmas!"